Tuesday 7 August 2007

Ulster Scots Festival, Kilrea

On Saturday 28th July, my mate Jimmy and I attended a very enjoyable festival organised by the fledgling Kilrea Ulster Scots group. On the previous evening, the group had put on a show that included the Ulster Scots dancers from Moyne, Co Donegal. They stayed over and we had the pleasure of meeting them on the Saturday.

On the day itself, Jimmy and I were treated to our share (maybe more than my share!) of a well-cooked barbecue in the grounds of Kilrea Orange Hall. After some fodder, we felt equipped to get the lambegs out and give them a rattle for the good folk of Kilrea and district who had come along to support the event.

It was great to see such enthusiasm and practical interest in the Ulster Scots culture in Kilrea and I wish them well for the future.

No comments: